Friday, March 25, 2016

Delaware Shad Darts

Having taken 2015 off (from blogging, not fishing!), it has been a while since I performed an update. Since I have settled into Sussex County and believe I will be here for the remainder of my life, I decided this Spring I should try my luck at Shad fishing.  May is always a busy month for me, so it still may be a challenge for me to get out.  But I took the initiative to order some shad darts from Delaware River Shad Fishing Association (DRSFA).  You can now find their link to the right, under Related Local Fishing Sites.  Below is a picture of what I received. 

What a great bunch of guys.  I had unfortunately made the order with my Pay Pal account but I had no updated my mailing address with Pay Pal.  Unfortunately the shad darts were mailed to my former residency.  A gentleman by the name of Rusty promptly emailed me when the shad darts were returned to him.   After providing my new mailing address, Rusty got the shad darts in the mail right away, so I may still have a shot at shad fishing this spring.  I highly recommend ordering shard darts or spoons from the DRSFA.

Below is a snippet of who and what the DRSFA is.


2 comments:

  1. Bruce,

    Being I now consider Sussex County my home and the shad run on the Delaware is such a prominent activity in the region, I wanted to give it a shot. I did get out yesterday and made a few cast, but nothing. I will post an update later.

    ReplyDelete