Monday, March 17, 2014

Dingman's Ferry at the Delaware River


It was late afternoon on March 15th when my wife returned from work.  She had a bounce in her step and a smile on her face, one could sense spring was knocking on our door.  With a wink and a smile, my wife gave me the green light to head west with the Sun and see how far Spring is from waking the Delaware River from her winter slumper.  I didn't pause, I just reached fro the front door.  I packed the car with my shore casting gear and donned a grin that the Grinch would have stolen if had seen me driving West; car window down.


Unfortunately, upon my arrival and to my dismay, Dingman's Ferry was still frozen over.  It was clear to the eye where the backwater and deep holes lay as these areas were still covered with a slim cover of ice.  And I have no doubt in my eye the walleye I seeked, were active and feeding beneath those slim covers of ice.

But getting near the water and making a few cast sure did feel good.





No comments:

Post a Comment