Sunday, July 1, 2012

Got my Big'un at Silver Lake

Had another great day at Silver Lake.  Fished exclusively with my 8-inch power worm on a Texas Rig.  I caught 3 largemouth and 2 perch, the biggest was an 18-inch, 2 3/4 pound largemouth, photo taken below with my daughter Dagney.


I have definitely found at least 3 spots I really like at Silver Lake.  One of the spots has yielded me the above 18 inch largemouth and two smaller ones..  I also think Silver Lake has a nice population of perch and I will have to return at some point to catch me a few of these fine eating fish.  The first perch I caught today was pretty impressive, but I had doubts I would catch another perch and released him.  Moments later I caught another and decided to start keeping them.  I was impressed the perch would go after my 8-inch worm.




No comments:

Post a Comment