Thursday, July 5, 2012

Plotting Out Swartswood Lake

This week I am heading to Swartswood Lake.  I have heard it is the #1 walleye lake in the area.  I got my 13' Wilderness all decked out, I have my Eagle 360c depth finder and I have my Lindy Rigger Extreme all prepared.  I found the following map of Swartswood Lake at New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife. My plan is to launch by 5:00 and attack the area labed "RO" just up lake of the State Park's swimming beach on the East side of the lake.  If I am having no luck there and I am seeing nothing on the depth finder, I'll paddle over to the jetty at Nelden's Brook, although I suspect this would be a much better spot in early spring and pre-spawn.


I am also very thankful for my father and step-mother who are always so good to me on my birthday.  This year they got a full outfit of lindy rigs and a Lindy Rigger extreme.  They obviously know what they are doing as they live in South Dakota and both being retired, fish 4 days out of the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment